THE READiN CORNER
Lit News, Fave & indie Books and Kindle Loans
- Loans available for up to 14 days
- Loans not accepted within 7 days are forfeited
- Please send your email & request to apacktlunch[at]gmail.com.
LIT NEWS & UPDATES
Spooky Halloween Reads 🎃
How Ingram & Amazon’s seemingly precarious relationship negatively affects Authors
How ‘The New York Times’ Helped Hide Stalin’s Mass Murders in Ukraine
Muggeridge and Jones both saw the profound danger inherent in both the Nazi and the Soviet regimes—the former of which was often praised by the right while being loathed by the left, which saw the Stalin regime as the last, best hope of mankind. – The Tablet
HOW THE MOST GRUESOME WESTERN EVER WRITTEN BECAME AN ‘UNFILMABLE’ HOLLYWOOD LEGEND
Fact or Fiction? Co-founder of Fact-checking Website Busted for Plagiarism
How 1 eBook can cost a library anywhere from 60 – 22,000 dollars
The Perhaps Existential Crisis of Self-Translating when You Speak More Than 1 Language
- I believe I began writing in Italian to obviate the need to have an Italian translator. As grateful as I am to those who have rendered my English books into Italian in the past, something was driving me, in Italian, to speak for myself. I have now assumed the role I had set out to eliminate, only in the inverse. Becoming my own translator in English has only lodged me further inside the Italian language.
–“Where I Find Myself: On Self-Translation”, Jhumpa Lahiri, WORDS without BORDERS
Alt Text as Poetry
When anonymity is priceless:
A Best-selling Author Goes Rogue Criminal Defense, Broke & Off the Deep End Defending An Incarcerated Fan Convicted of Murder: From hoarding Hatchimals, transient global amnesia, wig disguises & Threats from the Aryan Nation: Water for Elephants
!** HAPPY JAN 1! PUBLIC DOMAIN DAY 2021! **!
107. Limitations on exclusive (Author) rights: Fair use: But How Much Use is Fair?
Do People Have the Right to Ask You Not to Use Their Name in Your Work?
The Right of Publicity of the Audience vs. The First Amendment Right of the Artist
Tricks and Traps of Using Real People in Your Writing, Helen Sedwick